Sunday, July 5, 2009

Tribute to Michael


This is how I'd like to remember the King of Pop. The way he looked physically and with the musical and cultural power he held in the pawn of his hand. Michael was never found guilty of any crime and regardless of your opinion... in America, a man is innocent until proven guilty. By no means do I approve of his lifestyle but-- admit it, he is a true music legend. It brings tears to my ears watching how tragic his life had become and the tragedy behind his death. I am writing this because I feel moved to and I will remember him and the road he paved for pop culture. This is one of the "Do you remember where you were when this happened?" kind of moments. He is like the Elvis of my generation and regardless of your music taste you remember his music, how it related to your life and the memories it helped create. I love his older music like Bad, Beat It and Billie Jean but I remember hits like You Are Not Alone, Black or White, Remember the Time and Scream coming out during the MTV music video years, the high school and junior high years of my life. So, to all of my followers, remember this, watch the coverage...this is one of the things you'll be telling your kids and grandkids about. Save the newsclippings and magazines, you'll want to look back on it one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment