Thursday, July 23, 2009

Fun with Nana and Papa

My parents want to start having Sunday lunch or Saturday supper about twice a month so that we can all get together like my sis and I were used to growing up. I think it's great to carry on family traditions like that. Here are a few pics from this past Sunday.
For your info. my mom goes all out. She always puts out a big spread. We had roast, chicken and dressing, pintos, sweet potatoes, turnip greens, boiled eggs, mac and cheese, corn, cornbread and I am probably forgetting a few things. You get the picture.

Playing with the magnets on the fridge.




Playing with Great-Great Uncle Bubeye's dog.


Eating some yummy stuff...

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! We used to do that growing up at my grandparents house. I wish we still did it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ENJOYED SEEING YOUR OHOTOGRAPHY/VERY REFRESHING/I'M A POET AND my husband is a painter/we have six grandchildren and live in the Bronx/and have a building upstate New York. We lived in OCONEE county in the seventies/at the Robinson Farm/in a grain shed/it was very rewarding/we had four children at the time/we bathed in the river/ate fresh peaches and for that year had the most perfect existence/we had been deported from Canada/after a year we moved to Atlanta. look at my husband's work wwwfortgang.com

    ReplyDelete