Monday, July 6, 2009

Advice

Allie has been a two-nap a-day girl for some time now but recently I have had some days she'd take two and some days she wouldn't. She is usually good to take the morning nap but not the afternoon. So I decided to swap to one nap a day in the afternoon only and see how that went. Well, she has been really tired. So, maybe this is premature and she needs to atleast try two naps a day. What do you all think? At what age did you swap to one nap a day. What time do they go down and how long do they sleep? What time do they get up in the mornings and what time do they go to bed at night?

Allie usually goes to bed between 7:30 and 8 p.m. and gets up for the day between 6:15 and 7:15 a.m. Just a bit of info.

4 comments:

  1. Katie Lee took herself off of two naps a day. She usually takes a nap from 1:30-3:30. She goes to bed between 9:30 and 10:00 at night and gets up between 7:30 tp 8:00.

    If she will take two naps a day, keep it up. You may have to let her go to bed a little later. Hope that helps. Just do whatever works! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't remember when Lillian took two naps. We are doing good now if she get one a day. It all depends on what time Lillian gets up. She normally goes to bed around 10:00 and sleeps to 7:30. Since I have been off work she will drink her chocolate milk and will go back to sleep and sleep until 9:30 and then that usually means either no nap(depending on how she acts) or a late nap. If she doesn't take a nap she will go to bed early. But like today she didn't go back to sleep this morning and she went down for a nap around 2:30. I usually try to stick to either 2:00 or 2:30. It all boils down to when they get up. I wish that Lillian slept as long as Allie does but every child is different. Just do whatever works best for you! I don't know if I really helped you or not. Just keep trying!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noah is quite the sleeper.. he sleeps 12 hours at night and still takes 2 naps a day most days! He never misses his morning nap (normally it's 2 hr.) and occassionally he'll skip the afternoon nap. But when he does take the afternoon nap, it's shorter, maybe around 45 min. I just let him be my guide, if he wants two naps... great, if he only wants one, that's fine with me too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am probably not the best person to take advice from on this topic b/c I kinda forced William into loosing the am nap just so he could start MMO. When he turned one, I did what ever it took to keep him awake until after lunch b/c he couldn't start MMO until he could make it without that am nap. He started MMO at 13 months old. I'm a great mom, I know...always thiking of what is best for my kids and never considering myself...haha!

    ReplyDelete