Friday, June 19, 2009

What bugs me...


(disclaimer: No this woman does not get on my nerves. Her eyes sure are funny though.)

These days a lot. I have noticed that being a mom has heightened my nerve insensitivity. Things that wouldn't have gotten on my nerves years ago, bug me now. I feel like I am always on edge around the house trying to keep things clean and quite. For my old room dog, Leslie, she wouldn't believe what a clean freak I have become. Long ago are the days of leaving coffee grounds and Equal packets all over the counter, clothes strewn in the floor, and stinky laundry left in the wash for days.
Well, here goes, things that bug me...

10. Spilled drinks....Come on are we 2? I think not. I hate it when a drink is spilled on the floor. Careless.

9. Too much noise. A loud television, radio, phone, outside noise...whatever. If it is loud...it gets on my nerves.

8. Telemarketers and silent phone calls. If you are going to call me, speak and speak right away. Some of those telemarketers wait until you say hello about three times.

7. Folding and putting away clothes. Is this ever done?

6. Debris on my porch. No matter how many times I sweep the porch more debris blows on it.

5. Junk drawers. I don't know how this can be avoided.

4. Cooking. I can clean all day but I do not like to cook.

3. Messy cars and nasty purses. My car is always a mess even right after I clean it. I just want EVERYTHING neat and tidy. My purse seems to always get crumbs in the bottom of it. Come on y'all. How does this happen?

2. People not telling it like it is. It bothers me that people won't tell you if you look a little off. For example I have a hard time, especially in the summer, getting make-up that matches my neck. TELL ME IF IT DOESN'T MATCH. I have a hard time seeing it in my light sometimes so instead of thinking "She sure looks bad tonight." Tell me ..."Hey your make-up is too dark," "You have a booger right there," or "There is something between your teeth." Come on...help a sista out.

1.Walking in the house without socks or house shoes and feeling crumbs, dirt etc. on my feet. Notice I say house shoes or socks because we DO NOT wear outside shoes inside. Feeling crumbs on the floor makes me want to get the broom out and sweep.

Just a little venting today. Put on a happy face:)

2 comments:

  1. Tell it!! I wish I was a neat freak but I just don't have time to be. Things seem to bother me less as I age rather than more like you.

    In all honesty, I really do think your make-up looked good the other night. I promise I wasn't trying to sabatoge you (even though I am jealous that you weigh 97 pounds after having a 1 year old and post blogs about eating 12 biscuits at a time). I thought it matched really well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to "second" most all you said (except cooking...I love it), but the floor thing drives me NUTS! I seriously want to post a HUGE, ugly sign saying, "Take your shoes off, please!" The make up thing drives me crazy, but since I started wearing mineral make-up, it isn't bad. Oh, Tashia, you're so great & honest. :)

    ReplyDelete