Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day Part 3


You gotta love him. It has taken me many years to fully appreciate my dad. And, until I became a parent I didn't understand just how much he sacrificed for me. He has always been a good provider for my family, stern disciplinarian and tender hearted man. I love him very much.

Top ten things I love about my dad...

10. He always took care of my car maintenance. I probably never had to be concerned over tire rotations or oil changes until after I was married.
9. Although he drove me crazy telling me not to get credit cards, I understand he was right when I realized I was still paying on an outfit I bought in 1998 in 2003.
8. He always provided me with the best he could. I always had nice clothes to wear, a car to drive and money to spend.
7. He was a softy at times. I knew then and still know, how to wrap him around my finger. Daddies are tenderhearted for their daughters.
6. I think it is neat how tough he still is. He is 51 years old and would still let me punch him in the stomach for the fun of it.
5. I know he will love me unconditionally. He still worries about me even though I am nearly 30. I honestly know he would do almost anything for me.
4. He is always happy to hear my voice.
3. I love to see how amazed he is to be a granddaddy and to see Allie and the accomplishments she makes.
2. When I was in the hospital giving birth to Allie. He was so worried about me. Actually, probably more than anyone else. He kept having to leave the hospital because he was so worried. In a time like that when everyone was excited about the new baby, it was nice for my dad to worry about his baby the way he did.
1. He has been a Christian example for my sister and I throughout the years.


Happy Father's Day...

With Love, Tashia

No comments:

Post a Comment