Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It's a party...



A PITY PARTY that is... Just kidding.
This week I am 29 and holding. I am going to hang on to it until like 6:30 a.m. Sunday when I think I officially turn the big 3-0.

It has occurred to me that this is the last week of my 20s. Wow how time flies!!! I have been a little on the depressed side for several days. I don't know that I can really pinpoint what is the problem. I don't really know if it is the big 3-0 or thinking about what I could have done with time passed. There has been a lot of grand adventures throughout the past 29 years and there is a lot to look forward to in your 20s. For most, you go to college, get that first self-defining job, get married, have kids...all sorts of exciting milestones...so...NOW WHAT??? Thankful, I am. I am thankful for everything!!! I just mean, what exciting milestones come next, now that we have done a lot of the BIG STUFF?
Maybe the excitement is looking forward to Allie accomplishing big things. Exciting yes...but it is almost like it's time to put your big outlandish dreams to bed and think..."I guess I am normal." I told Matt not too long ago that I don't think I am that interesting...Sad thing is I used to think I was the most interesting person you'd meet. (Ha! But I really thought I was cool, I guess.)

Anyway, thanks for joining the pity party today!!!
Don't get me wrong...I AM THANKFUL TO BE LOOKING FORWARD TO ANOTHER BIRTHDAY!!! But you folks can't tell me it doesn't hurt, if even just a little, to turn older.

3 comments:

  1. I feel you girl ... I felt the same way. I had great ambitions and adventures in my 20s .. I moved across the country, went to nursing school, started my career, go married...blah blah ... I had a harder time turning 31 than 30 though ... because that put me officially IN my 30s ... not just 30!!!
    You are correct though .. it's hard to age. We realize we are NOT 10 foot tall and bulletproof.
    I may always feels young though because I married and old man (teehee)........
    At least you still have your beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry your thirties will be great!! Some of us have already adventured into the thirties. I always thought that I would have my children by the time I was 30 and that didn't seem to happen. Since I have hit the thirties my life took a big change for the better. You never know what is around the corner!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It onlt hurts if you let it. Turning 30 feels no different from 29.I turned 44 this month and I feel the same, happy to be here.So enjoy your birthday, eat cake and do 1 thing you never did when you were 29. I love you. Aunt Rhonda

    ReplyDelete