Monday, August 3, 2009

30 on 30th





I am not going to lie. I love for a big deal to be made over my birthday. So, this year, in celebration of my 30th I am going to make a big deal out of it on my own.
Randomly throughout the month I am going to post different things about the past 29 years that I feel are significant and want to share with you so you can get to know me a little better and help me celebrate the blessed years that have passed.

First of all I want to make mention of a few very special ladies in my life. Without these girls, I don't believe that I would be entirely who I am today. They have helped me grow, been there through good times and bad and complimented my personality. Here goes...

1. Sara Gibson Aday. Sara you are and will always be my Best Friend. Even though we don't talk as much anymore and I haven't seen you in like six years, you are the only girl who has been able to carry the title. You are the Best Friend I will tell Allie all about when she meets that special girl friend in her life. Since I was four years old you have held a special place in my heart and please know that you always will.
2. Leigh Pettus Davis. As different as we are, we have always complimented each other well. I have been friends with Leigh since we were 15 and we sure have had a lot of wild rides together. From sneaking out of her parents' house on the scooter to roll yards, to high school fun and then onto college experiences, Leigh has been the best of pals and I am thankful to still have a good relationship with her today.
3. Amy Springer. If it weren't for her mom making her call me when I was in 7th grade sick with shingles, who knows if we would have ever been friends. I am glad she called and I know that any time we talk, it is like picking up where we left off. She is my mischievous friend and boy have we gotten into some trouble together. Things I will likely never tell Allie about. Here's to you Amy and all the fun times we had. Amy even wrote me a song when I was in college I sure wish I still had it.
4. Amy Brooks Chandler. Amy is always so much fun to be around. She's so caring and so concerned. The thing that I laugh at when I talk about Amy is how she wants you to understand every detail of story she tries to tell. She just won't let it go until you agree that you know what she is talking about.
5. Leslie Burch Sawyer. The best room dog I ever had in college. We lived together for 2-21/2 years. We are like night/ day but we had a special bond. From mildewed clothes in the washer, to Equal packets and coffee grounds all over the counter to a thermostat setting that could never be agreed on...Thanks Leslie for all the love and comfort...especially through the big "L" haircut that I suffered through.

Anyway, these girls always will mean a lot to me and I am so thankful to have shared some very good times with them. So as I bid farewell to my 20s please give a round of applause to the wonderful ladies with whom I have shared so much of it with.
I have many more friends and to all of you, I am thankful for as well.

More to come...

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea Tashia!! This is a great way for us new friends to get to know you better and I'm sure it will be fun for you to think about all the great times in your past 29 years. I may just have to steal this idea when my birthday rolls around! Looking forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a sweet post. Love all those ladies as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading about your friends. I think this is a great idea and I can't wait for your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to celebrating your birthday month with you!! I LOVE birthdays!

    ReplyDelete