Thursday, August 13, 2009

First comes love...

Matt and Tashia sitting in a tree
K-I-S-S-I-N-G
First comes love...
Then comes marriage...
Then come Tashia with a baby carriage.


And so goes the story with us. Hope you aren't getting bored with my 30 on the 30th celebration. Today, I am going to share with you the story of Us.


The Tale of The Country Boy and The Gymnist


Once upon a time, in 2001 to be exact, Tashia met a strikingly handsome man at Northside Church of Christ. It was early summer and Tashia was visiting her family while in college at The University of North Alabama.
One Sunday evening, she remembers it well, Matt was wearing a red Polo shirt and some very preppy white and brown shoes as he sat on the church pew in front of her. After realizing his name she thought to herself, "Wow, this is the guy my friend Amy had always wanted to hook me up with."
Surprised by her friends good taste Tashia anxiously awaited church to be over so she could introduce herself.
As soon as such was over--- she flipped over the pews like Mary Lou Retin (how Matt recalls the moment and the idea for the title), stuck out her hand and said. "Hi, I'm Tashia Wales."
Tashia always believed in going after want you want and she had her sites set that day. They briefly talked that night but nothing really happened. From then on, Tashia made more frequent visits to see her "family" at Northside. She would hang around after church, chatting up the old folks, hoping to catch a moment with Mr. Matt. After a few brief conversations, Matt finally asked her out. He asked for her number but he didn't have anything to right it on. Confidently he said..."I'll remember it."
Their first date was officially July 3, 2001. They dined at Ruby Tuesday's that warm summer night. And, this is the way life went for the two young lovebirds. A date here, a date there, not imagining what life would bring them down the road.
After dating this way for about a year and a half, a young, nervous Matt came to pick Tashia up for a Valentine's date on a cold February night. He acted a little odd that night, Tashia recalled, when out of no where he asked her to read his Valentine's card. In it was a very sweet and sincere proposal. Tashia, knowing how silly Matt could be at times replied "Are you serious?" And indeed he was.
They recently celebrated their sixth wedding anniversary and welcomed the birth of a baby girl in 2008. Who would have thunk it? you ask...

What a catch? I sure think so!!! XOXO




Hope you enjoyed the story of how Matt and I met. I had seen Matt from a distance when I was just a young girl, 16 I think. Then we were just kids. He had worked on my friend Amy's house. Not really realizing who he was in later years, Amy mentioned time and time again of fixing us up. I guess she thought we had similiar personalities. It's neat how we did meet, on our own, and ended up married. I guess my friend knew what she was talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment