Monday, August 3, 2009

Did you know?

Here are 29 interesting facts about me. Some of you know these things and some of you don't. Anyway hope you enjoy these fun facts during the continuation of my 30 on the 30th celebration.


1. I grew up in an area in Limestone County sometimes referred to as "Wales Town."

OUR FIRST FAMILY PHOTO...

Just kidding... I am very thankful for my family and background. Sure we are country but who of y'all reading this isn't?

2. I am afraid of dogs, cats, really any type of animal and I have a hard time understanding the relationships people have with their animals.


3. I have always been afraid of the water. I have never jumped off of the diving board without a flotation device.


4. Various nicknames I have had throughout the years include..."Hollywood," "Sugar," Cashmere Bouquet," "Tash," "Sweet Pea," and "Muffin."



5. My natural hair color is dark brown although I am not exactly sure what that would look like now. I have been coloring my hair since I was 17.


6. My mother witnessed my first "real kiss" while I was slow-dancing at my ninth grade year dance.


7. Although I was president of the SADD club in high school, my prom date couldn't pick me up for the prom because he had a DUI.


The above is not him...


8. I didn't really have a boyfriend until I was 19. Lots of dates though.


9. I have been in multiple beauty walks throughout the years. Never won. Closest I got was 1st runner-up.



10. I was Homecoming Queen at Elkmont High School.


11. I was the Drum Majorette for one year and played the clarinet since I was in fifth grade.


12. I used to be in a jazz band.


13. I have always loved big hair.


14. My career goal was to make it big time as a newsreporter/ anchor. More on that in a later post.


15. I have lived in Manitowoc, WI working as a door-to-door salesperson. Hated it.


16. I lived in Hopkinsville, Ky working as a news reporter.


17. I am a Phi Mu, Theta Alpha Chapter. I pledged in 1998 at UNA.


18. I didn't own a brand new automobile until I was 27.


19. My first car caught on fire in my front yard when I was 16.


20. As a child, I was mean and would have to stand in the hall or in the corner. Some might say I still have those tendencies.


21. I have self-diagnosed Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I have worried and fretted over things as long as I can remember.


22. I have been sky-diving...


23. I could watch re-runs of 90210 over and over again.


24. I can not dance. And, I guess that's a good thing since it's wrong anyway.
25. I love to Karaoke but I am one of the worst singers ever.


26. I have moved about 15 times since I was 17 and had about 20 jobs.
27. I love Tashia Time. Don't get much of that these days.


28. I could eat a whole gallon of ice cream in a day. Birthday Cake is my favorite and I don't like to share. I like to eat it when no one else is around.


29. I have stray hairs that grow out of my face. So, if you see one...tell me and I will pluck it.

8 comments:

  1. This is hilarious. I love #7. I suppose you were reaching out to him trying to curb his drinking with your good SAAD influence? I'm definitely with you on the 90210 re-runs too. Funny Stuff. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying this month's posts! I would never have guessed that you've been skydiving! Hope you have a great day! Keep the great posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will not jump out of a diving board, but you have jumped out of an airplane!?!!! Ha! Funny stuff! I am enjoying learning more about you! Oh, and I LOVE me some 90210!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have learned so much about you in the last two minutes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You crack me up!! Laughing out loud..

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one is a good one! I can't believe that you have been skydiving! I want to go sooo bad. Maybe one day we could just take off and go. I loooved 90210. It is one of my all time favs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Speaking of playing the clarinet...I remember when I was first in high school band, we (the flute section) would watch you in amazement because you never breathed as you played your clarinet. We were told by our section leaders (Amy Pressnell and Leslie Noblitt) to watch you because you never breathed!

    Kathryn Lewter

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really crack me up!! Great getting to know a little more about you!

    ReplyDelete