Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Encouragement Please!

"Hello. My name is Tashia and I am an addict."

I have told you of my obsession with ice cream before but it has really gotten out of control recently thanks to Publix and their Buy One Get One Free deals. If it's not Mayfield, it's BlueBell or some other brand of ice cream that they have on sale EVERY week! No I don't buy one, I buy TWO and usually eat BOTH 1/2 gallons (almost entirely) on my own.
Today, I am making a vow to cut down on the ice cream intake. I don't think I can go "Cold Turkey," as I enjoy it far toooooooo much.
I am sort of a closet eater. I usually start off with a whoppin' 6 scoop bowl (usually going for seconds) while Allie is down for a nap. 1. Because Matt gives me a hard time about all of the ice cream I eat and I CAN'T take all of the ridicule. 2. I don't want to share bites with ANYONE...including Allie. 3. I want to fully enjoy each bite (ALONE) and smile with pure glee as I devour my big heaping bowl.

PLEASE HELP!!! Encouragement here please. I am going to get big as a house if I don't stop. I am not the 12-year-old I once was who could come in after school and fix a chocolate mound of ice cream, add chocolate chunks and cool whip and eat until my heart's content. My body just can't handle all that action like it used to.

Apparently this has always been my weakness. My favorite flavors are Birthday Cake and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. Starting next week. I AM NOT FALLING FOR THE PUBLIX BOGOs anymore when it comes to ice cream!!!

3 comments:

  1. hahahaha!! I can't give up my snickers icecream bars so Im not going to be any help. But I do only allow myself one a week!! Maybe you could do that!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny! I understand the addiction completely........but for me it doesn't just have to be ice cream. Really most any sweets will do! But I am here to offer encouragement & support........and you must do the same for me. I walked/ran with Micah this evening and I truly believe she is going to be the kick start I need! Now I just have to keep my cravings in check! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok Tashia, you can do this! But WHY? Are you gaining weight? If not, then dont worry about it till you notice it is affecting you. ENJOY WHILE YOU CAN!

    ReplyDelete