Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Time to get up!

With the exception of the first few weeks and the middle of the night wake-up calls, I have been happily greeting Allie whenever she wakes up for most of her life. I always get and act so giddy when I go get her up. I'll sing her a song (that I make up) or just put my hands over my face and scream with excitement. I cherish the look on her face when I go in there to get her. She is almost always so excited to see me. For the most part, I am the one her puts her to bed every night and gets her up every morning. I just hope she remembers how special I try to always make her feel. No matter how tired I am or how I would love her to sleep just a little longer, I just go in there and treat it like it's a big Ole' party and she loves it.


On a side note...There are many times, for me, as a mother where I think "Does this get any better?" And then there are days like today when she came in the bathroom with me while I was fixing my hair, stands at my feet and says "Hug, hug." So I bend down and we hug for several seconds and I think..."It doesn't get any better than this!"

No comments:

Post a Comment