Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Trash to Treasure

I was headed home one day when I passed Lovell Self Storage hosting a huge yard sale. You see, when people won't pay their bill, their stuff gets unloaded for a yard sale. So I was happy to adopt this table and chairs and turn it into something that I think is BEAUTIFUL. I painted the table and chairs black, distressed them and then added a brown paint/Wipe-On Poly coat to give it this wonderful weathered look. I added these two toile chairs and now it's our breakfast table. What do you think? By the way the table was $15 and the chairs were $3 a piece. The toile chairs are new and were a lot more expensive. Anyway...here's some pics!!!





5 comments:

  1. You are very talented! I only wish I had an eye for those things. I leave that up to someone else. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great!!! You've really got so show me how to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job.I love the look of the table with the chairs. Looks like another great project completed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks very pretty! Glad you found such a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great! I need to get you to teach me how to distress furniture. I love that look.

    ReplyDelete