Sunday, January 24, 2010

Decorating dilemma

This was one of my favorite pieces at our old house. It is a T.V. amoire. However, at this house we don't have a television to put in it in the right room. We now keep our big screen in the living room and it is too large for this. Anyway... it is now in my dining room but I don't want to use it as a tv stand so what can I do with it? I have tried several things...none of which I have been happy with. So, it has just been standing against this wall all lonely. I am thinking about getting some fabric and lining the inside so you can't see what's in it. Therefore taking the chore out of deciding what to put in it. Do any of you have any ideas? What do you think about the fabric idea?

2 comments:

  1. Love the fabric idea ... I did that recently to one that we had ... it looks much better!!!
    I have no idea what to put inside it ... toys maybe???

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about painting the back panel an egg shell, cream or maybe even a light tan to co-ordinate with the wood. Use in a bathroom with towels, wash rags, colored bottles and a bowl with colored soaps or maybe a guest room with guest towels, bed linen and personal sized items for the guest.

    ReplyDelete