Saturday, July 31, 2010

Spend-the-night

Friday night Allie spent the night with Nannie and Papa (my parents). This was her first overnight visit with them and everyone was excited. Here she is knocking on the door...


Well I don't know how excited everyone was at 3:30 in the morning and Allie was still WIDE AWAKE! She is not much for sleeping in any other bed BUT HER OWN. There are times when she will...but NEVER like she does at home. She sleeps from approximately 8:30 p.m. until 6:30-7:30 a.m. when she is at home...SO for her to be AWAKE at 3:30 a.m. is a BIG deal. My poor Mama...just laughed as she told me about it but I know Allie exhausted her. Allie never would go to sleep in the bed. She decided to lay on her "sleeping bag," (bean bag) and sleep. So off Mama and Allie went...to sleep. Well it didn't last long because a little before 6 a.m. Allie was standing looking at Mama while she sleep telling her it was "Morning!" So, up they got...

Mama and Daddy said she did really well, aside from sleeping, during her visit though. Well, that and a few Tashia Tantrums. Daddy took her to Ardmore and she had a few meltdowns over bubblegum and bandaids but she made it. Finally at about 3 p.m. today...this happened for a couple of hours...

Bless her heart. She had such a great time...SHE DID NOT WANT TO LEAVE!!! She cried when I loaded her up to come home. I figured she'd be ready to come home. I am glad she had a GREAT time and hope they will want to do it again...So we can do this...

Again! We had a Date Night at Bridgestreet! Ate at Connor's and stayed out until 10 p.m. WooHoo!!!


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you two got to have a night to yourselves. That doesn't happen very often with children. Looks like Allie had a great time too!

    ReplyDelete