Friday, November 13, 2009

Am I nuts???

Today Allie and I got out of the house to do a little shopping and looking. We stopped at a store in Athens, to remain nameless, and there were two little girls in there playing. One I would guess is 3 and the other 4 or 5. Anyway, as usual Allie begins to try to play with them, giggling, laughing, chasing etc. Well the eldest child was mean to Allie. Can you believe that? I kept a close ear and sort of got onto the girl a couple of times. She apparently didn't want Allie near them or playing with merchandise even commenting once that Allie needed to be with her mommy. (I was standing nearby in the store.) Anyway, after they left I told the store owners, workers that I thought those little girls were mean to my little girl then I started crying!!!! What's wrong with me? I have to grow some thick skin I guess. The youngest girl wasn't mean, that I noticed, but the oldest acted like she was a grown woman with a problem. I mean, Allie didn't know she was being ugly but I sure did. And now that I know how it feels I don't want Allie to ever be cruel to anyone and if I see this type of behavior in the future...I hope I know better how to handle it:(

1 comment:

  1. We were just at a little indoor play area this morning and a rough and tumble little boy pushed Edie of a stool and his mom was terrible!!! Edie cried which is rare so I figure it must have hurt her...the mom just looked at me and said sarcastically..."I guess he pushed her, sorry" totally didn't mean it. It really pissed me off...I hope that I handle those situations better too if one of my girls is the aggressor.

    ReplyDelete